Stanford Street Festival (Stanford)
The Stanford Street Festival is a celebration of summer in beautiful Stanford, one of the few Heritage Villages left in South Africa with its Victorian charm, original early-settlers village green, meandering river and beautiful Wandlepad.
Now in its fourth year the festival is expanding, and plans are afoot to make it even better and more exciting than last year.
Here’s what’s in store for festival-goers in 2016:
- Browse from around 160 STALLS, offering a huge range of goods from all over South Africa (especially made with Christmas in mind)
- Last year over 4,500 visitors came to the festival – and organisers expect at least 6,000 in 2016, making for a fun and festive atmosphere.
- The “WORTH THEIR WEIGHT RACE – Over 18 – Entry in couples – 100 metres – winners get their partner’s weight in wine
- IZIKO TRAVELLING MUSEUM – From Cape Town
- The “READY STEADY SLOW SNAIL RACE” – Back one of the racing snails and you could be a winner
- The “STANFORD DIP BOARD RACE” – Unique board race – Under 18 – Big cash prizes
- The REPTILE HOUSE
- ART – Artists painting in the street – silhouettes available
- Lots of FREE street entertainment – Magician – Acrobats – Stilt Walkers – Face Painting –
Stanford Street Festival 2016 – Event Details:
When: Sunday 11 December 2016. 10am-4pm
Where: Queen Victoria Street, Stanford (Overberg Region).
Contact: For more information contact John Withers on 0715683499 or 0283410553 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org