Welcome to Cape Markets, a new website aimed at connecting market visitors, market stall-holders and market organisers around the Western Cape.
- Find out where your closest local market will be held and when.
- View market profiles, and read all the latest market news.
- Sign up for your own market profile, to showcase your market in the Cape Market Guide.
- Browse producer profiles for potential additions to your own market’s offerings.
- Create your own profile – a mini page with details of what you sell, where you sell it, and how people can get hold of you outside of market days.
- Connect with market visitors and make contact with market organisers.
- Send in your latest specials, or news, for publication in the Cape Markets blog.
Cape Markets is the creation of Pia Taylor, creator and editor of Mother City Living, a popular blog dedicated to ‘green living’ in Cape Town. You’ll see her, every weekend, basket in hand, foraging happily at fresh produce and craft markets, festivals and fairs.
With so many markets springing up around the Cape (and the rest of the country), she decided it was about time that a website be developed that could create a means of communication between market organisers, marketgoers and our talented small producers.
A directory seemed like the best way to go – with a blog to make sure all the latest news and views is available to all.
Please take a look around and let us know what you think!