POCKET MONEY MARKET
Held several times a month. Various locations (sometimes as part of other markets). Various times.
ABOUT THE MARKET
The Pocket Money Market is a space for young entrepreneurs to learn business skills by making and selling their own products or services. The market has spaces at existing markets as well as their own events.
The market trades once or twice a week in summer at different locations and holds free workshops for kids wishing to learn business skills.
All children up to 16 are welcome to join and there is a nominal, non compulsory stall fee, or they may apply for start up assistance. The market has a mix of regular and “outreach” traders and provide training and support free of charge. Their slogan is “Earn, learn and have fun!”
All children need to make an advert, a sign, complete their accounting sheet and some POS requirements in order to get a certificate and there is an entrepreneur of the day.
All the details and photos are on www.pocketmoneymarket.com
DATES & DETAILS:
Held on Thursdays at the Cape Point Vineyards community market (in the playground area from 4:30 to 6:30pm)
Additional dates for 2017:
- Saturday 18 Feb 2017: 11am – 1pm at Longbeach Mall, Noordhoek
- Sunday 12 March 2017: 11am to 1pm at Noordhoek Farm Village
- Saturday 25 March 2017: 11am to 1pm at Longbeach Mall, Noordhoek
- Saturday 29 April 2017: 11am to 1pm at Longbeach Mall, Noordhoek
- Saturday 27 May 2017: 11am to 1pm at Longbeach Mall, Noordhoek
- Saturday 24 June 2017: 11am to 1pm at Longbeach Mall, Noordhoek
- Saturday 29 July 2017: 10.30am-1pm at Fish Hoek Sportsgrounds (see map)
Contact: 083 384 0590