This August the Made in the Cape artisan goods market at Cavendish Square will be celebrating their 7th birthday, hosting a bumper market with loads of special events. It’s also Womens Month, so you’ll be seeing a focus on the market’s incredible female artisans.
Showcasing the creative talents of Cape Towns best designers, decorators, artists and artisans, the Made in the Cape Market has become ‘the place’ to source that special gift or unique décor piece for your home. MEET THE MAKERS – meet the creator of each product and learn the story behind it – traders are super-friendly and always happy to chat. There’s always something NEW to see – innovative, quirky new products you’ll love. And there’s always something too-too-tempting to be found in the food market area, with decadent delights aplenty.
As part of the festivities, Made in the Cape will be giving away loads of prizes on their Facebook page, so be sure to follow them closely for details.
- Ana Arium – terrariums and more – all entirely hand made by Stacey
- Koka – Antoinettes range of stylish home décor accessories
LONG TIME NO SEE:
- Andrea Duell Ceramics – hand crafted by our talented ceramic artist, Andrea
- Suzi B – Suzette creates work opportunities for mentally challenged individuals, with her range of wire décor
- White Rabbit Days – Helens exquisite designs are turned into glitzy & glamorous leather jewellery
- Essie Pessie – Esje hand knits each adorable item
- Moss – Hanici hand prints on to leather, which is sewn into stylish handbags
- Table Art – Kerry photographs our indigenous flora, to create stylish table décor & gifts
- Theresa Haslam Art Textiles – always creating something new, with scribble embroidery textiles, Theresa has added ‘frameable art cards’ to her hand stitched range
- 3 stitches Crafts – Zuleigha is a magician with a crochet hook – she can turn yarn into anything you can dream of
- Keniken – Kendall, our graphic designer, hand prints each of her elegant kitchen tableware & accessories
- Sublime Confectionery – Lynda and her team of ladies, make the tastiest fudge and meringues
- The Honey Connoisseur – surprise yourself by tasting a honey variety that you hadn’t even heard of – widest selection of pure raw honey
- The Gourmet Pantry – Michele and her ladies are simply the best bakers – sweet, savoury and some wheat free items
- Karoo Baba – gorgeous sheepskin slippers hand-stitched by Michele and her team of lovely ladiesAnd many more exhibitors too!
For more information and current updates, visit the Made in the Cape Market profile page.
Made in the Cape Market – Event Details:
Where: Inside Cavendish Square, Dreyer Street, Claremont.
When: 8-11 August 2019 Thursday to Saturday: 9am-7pm | Sunday: 10am-5pm
Contact details: email@example.com | Dale de Ridder 072 223 8046