Every year the Made in the Cape Market holds a special ‘Festive Fair’, which is larger and runs for much longer than their usual monthly events. To accommodate all their wonderful exhibitors, the Christmas market is divided into different date sections, with new exhibitors and new gorgeous products arriving every few days. This is the LAST Made in the Cape Market to be held at Cavendish Square* and, unless they find a new home, it could be the last market ever – so don’t miss this chance to visit this high-quality artisan affair.
Here’s a look at some of the new creatives who’ll be joining the fair for its second half (starting Sunday 8 December 2019):
- Forever Love Jewellery – each micro detail is handcrafted – truly wearable art
- Moss – Hanici hand prints on to leather, which is sewn into stylish handbags
- Mary V jewellery – adorn yourself with these beautiful pieces
- Tableart SA – Kerry photographs our indigenous flora, to create stylish table décor & gifts
- Blossom CT – this range of vibrant bags has become a S A style icon
- Jam Tarts – patchwork textiles + therapeutic eye and neck pillows
- Theresa Haslam Art Textiles – Individually hand stitched cards and frame-able art.
- Andrea Duell Ceramics – unique pieces hand-crafted by talented ceramic artist, Andrea
- Vivacious Eco Vixen – Style combines with eco warrior to create the most elegant upcycled bags and totes.
- Rosewood Crafts – wood in the hands of a true craftsman
- Nanas Babes – Tee pees made with adorable details
- Plank – on-trend décor
- Simply Beautiful Jewellery – true to their name: unique, hand-forged silver and brass jewellery
- Beeing Candles – when science and beauty combine into something exquisitely unique
These are just some of the talented local designers, artists, artisans and creatives that will be there, showcasing their innovative products, superb handmade gifts, home décor, Christmas decorations, jewellery and lots more…
Plus, be sure not to miss the delicious FOOD MARKET. Tasty treats with festive flavour to provide the widest choice of gift ideas – something for every member of your family.
For more information and current updates, visit the Made in the Cape Market profile page.
Made in the Cape Market – Event Details:
Where: Inside Cavendish Square, Dreyer Street, Claremont.
When: 30 November – 14 December 2019. Thursday to Saturday: 9am-7pm | Sunday: 10am-5pm
Contact details: email@example.com | Dale de Ridder 072 223 8046
* (the centre apparently will be undergoing renovations next year, making it impossible to accommodate the market)