Great news for fans of the Earth Fair Food and Shopping Market in Tokai: starting this weekend (Sat 30 May 2020) they’ll be open again on Saturdays (9am-2pm) for essentials shopping!
This means that you will be able to purchase grocery items to take home, including meat, fish, bread, cheese, coffee, sauces and other delicious and nutritious offerings (fruit & veg will open later).
In accordance with healthy and safety protocols for COVID-19, there will be strict conditions to entry, and a limited number of shoppers will be allowed in at a time. There will be no seating and no cooked food – for now this is grocery shopping only.
“People know us as a social gathering place, for food, drinks and shopping but this will not be the case for the months to come. There will be no seating and no cooked food. As we go down the levels we will be able to add more traders and sell more products. “
The Earth Fair Food & Shopping Market is located at South Palms Centre, 333 Main Road, Tokai. The market will be open every Saturday from 9am-2pm.
See below for all the details:
Only the main entrance will be open – the two side doors will be closed.
Please follow the following rules when doing shopping.
- You will need to sanitize your hands before coming in (will be provided by us).
- a face mask is required to come inside.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- a limited amount of customers will be allowed inside at the same time.
- All staff and traders will be wearing a face mask.
- All traders will sanitize their hands after each client.
- All staff and traders will be screened before entering the market.
- Shop, don’t stop.
- No sitting will be allowed.
- Please try and pay with card/SnapScan.
- 1 or 2 people per family.
- No children allowed.
- No pets allowed.
- There will be signs on the floor (social distancing) of 1.5m
- Please respect the 1.5m boundary from our traders (Respect the signs).
- No toilets for the public
- Government rules and regulations apply.