100th Darling Wildflower Show
14-17 September 2017. Darling
The Darling Wildflower Society has been around for more than a century and the Society’s Show takes place annually over the third weekend in September. It celebrates an integral part of the Cape Fynbos Kingdom comprising Renosterveld, Rietveld, Sandveld, and Strandveld where more than 1200 different species of flowers can be found.
This year’s show will be the 100th event, the Centenary Show! The display will focus on the Wildflower Society’s development through the past 100 years as well as the Herbarium project.
The Flower Show will offer a variety of activities to entertain young and old. Your ticket includes entry to:
- the Landscaped Hall depicting the flowers of the area in their natural habitat,
- an orchid display by Orchid Creations by Trisha,
- a free ride on a tractor-drawn wagon to see the pristine wetland at Oude Post, which is not normally accessible to the public and may only be visited during the Show,
- a Craft & Gourmet Food Market,
- a Veteran Tractor/Car Display
- an Entertainment Tent featuring live music from famous local acts like Klassik, Nedine Blom and Petra Mans,
- safe and secure parking for vehicles,
- and free WiFi supplied by Fox Wireless at the festival venue.
This year you can also look forward to a range of workshops. More detailed information about the workshops will be available on the event website.
In addition there will be a shuttle driving through Darling, and stopping at places of interest including the Darling Museum, Evita’s Perron, Duckitt Nurseries and the Renosterveld Reserve.
With more than a hundred food and craft stalls, everyone’s taste buds and shopping needs will be catered for! Kids will have a weekend of fun in the playpark area with entertainment ranging from face-painting to rides, while adults can relax in the Mini Wine Route & Beer Tent.
Your entrance fee to the Darling Wildflower Show will help to conserve our endangered floral kingdom for future generations, so join us at the Centenary Darling Wildflower Show and contribute to conservation in our area!
Brought to you by: The Darling Wildflower Society.
Dates & Times:
14-17 September 2017. Thursday – Saturday: 9am-5pm; Sunday: 9am-3pm
Darling Golf Club, Jacaranda Street, Darling
Adults: R60 | Scholars: R40 | Pensioners: R40 (Thu & Fri only) | Kids 13 years & younger: Free
Tickets can be purchased online via www.quicket.co.za – Group Specials on Application.
Silver Dune Photography (photo’s from the 2016 Darling Wildflower Show). Daniela Louw (flowers)